Hi,

I am using the 2.5.0 version of the protobuf lib and so far it has been
okay serializing stuff to file using FileOutputStream.  However, I am now
trying to use GzipOutputStream, but writing code like the following causes
a linker error for unresolved external symbol:

rawDataOutput_ = new FileOutputStream(fileDescriptor_);
gzipDataOutput_ = new GzipOutputStream(rawDataOutput_);

Not calling the ctor of GzipOutputStream will compile correctly.

I ran dumpbin /symbols libprotobuf.lib and I cannot seem to find a
reference to GzipOutputStream, so this could be why I am receiving this
linker error.  I compiled the lib myself using the provided Visual Studio
solution files so I do not see why this class would be missing from the lib
in the first place.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Henry