Updates:
        Labels: -FixedIn-2.6.0

Comment #3 on issue 316 by jie...@google.com: TextFormat should have an option to ignore unknown fields

Sorry my mistake. We have decided not provide TextFormat for unknown fields. (2.5.0 has removed the support for c++ before release which I didn't notice, java will not support it either)

Text format is designed for communicating with people whereas binary format is for communicating with machines. People make mistakes, like spelling errors. These mistakes should be caught, not silently ignored. Therefore, text format is NOT designed with the same forward- and backward-compatibility properties as the binary format, and should not be used when such compatibility is desired.

If you find yourself wanting to ignore unknown fields when parsing a text-format message, you may want to rethink your design.