Comment #3 on issue 670 by inigonir...@gmail.com: Not Able to compile protobuf for mips platform
https://code.google.com/p/protobuf/issues/detail?id=670

Thanks for the reply. I was using 2.5.0 and as per your reply, now I downloaded the 2.6.0 protobuf and I am seeing the same above issue issue.1.

If manually define the __MIPSEL__ then the compilation is failing with the following errors. Please help me to resolve this problem.

libtool: compile: /home/inigonirmal/bin/mips-linux-uclibc-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -pthread -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-sign-compare -D__MIPSEL__ -MT google/protobuf/stubs/common.lo -MD -MP -MF google/protobuf/stubs/.deps/common.Tpo -c google/protobuf/stubs/common.cc -fPIC -DPIC -o google/protobuf/stubs/.libs/common.o
/tmp/ccmM2iGe.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccmM2iGe.s:232: Error: opcode not supported on this processor: mips1 (mips1) `sync'
make[3]: *** [google/protobuf/stubs/common.lo] Error 1