Hey!

I'm looking at the current master branch and see that there is a "lazy"
option for Protobuf fields. I have two questions regarding this feature in
Java.

   1. Has "lazy" already been implemented in the public version of
   Protobuf? If so, in which version? (I know from this post
   <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/protobuf/G9Jhv_xrxqg/vJ68cOPAMqsJ> that
   in May 2014, the feature was not yet publicly available.)
   2. Let's say I have a Protobuf message with a lazy repeated field with
   10,000 elements. If I retrieve the second and the third element of that
   repeated field and set the repeated field to a list containing these two,
   will the other 49,998 elements be parsed in the current implementation? If
   yes, are there plans to optimize such a use case?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or pointers!

– Kaspar