Open question to everyone. I'm curious.
In all of your use-cases with protobuf, how often do you find yourself
using  has_foo() (a.k.a. "hazzers") for primitive fields? We use them
almost everywhere because, for example, it is a very useful way of
error-checking requests on the server sent from our client code on mobile
devices. Maybe we're just outliers.

Google's stated reason for getting rid of presence logic is below (bolding
by me):

> *It's believed* that most users don't use the field presence logic much
> and for those who need this feature adding a bool field is an easy
> workaround.

... It would definitely *not* be an easy workaround for us given how much
we rely on presence logic. Are we in the minority?