Has anyone had any success building a combined 32/64-bit library for use in
the iOS simulator in Xcode? Although I am specifying both architectures on
the configure command line it seems to be only building the 32-bit library.

I am sure there is a correct form of words to get it to build correctly, if
only I knew them... does anyone have any ideas?