Hi all,

I am having a problem with my auto-generated files. As I am not supposed to
edit these files, I do not know how to fix this error either. I am using
Ubuntu 12.04, the version of protobuff I have is 2.5.0, and I installed it
from source.

The .proto file I have is the following:

message PointMsg {
  required float x = 1;
  required float y = 2;
  optional float z = 3;
  optional string name = 4 [default=""];

  required string sender = 5;
}

And the error I get is:

src-gen/Point.pb.h:334: error: undefined reference to
'google::protobuf::internal::kEmptyString'
src-gen/Point.pb.cc:131: error: undefined reference to
'google::protobuf::internal::kEmptyString'
src-gen/Point.pb.cc:132: error: undefined reference to
'google::protobuf::internal::kEmptyString'
src-gen/Point.pb.cc:141: error: undefined reference to
'google::protobuf::internal::kEmptyString'
/usr/local/include/google/protobuf/wire_format.h:296: error: undefined
reference to
'google::protobuf::internal::WireFormat::VerifyUTF8StringFallback(char
const*, int, google::protobuf::internal::WireFormat::Operation)'

It should be noted that this error disappears If I have upgrade the version
to 2.6.1. However I cannot do that, since I have other files which give
error when I do so. Simply, I have to stick to 2.5.0.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.