I have proto file in

C:\Sooraj\Playdrone\android-checkin-master\src\main\protobuf\checkin.proto

after unzipping protobuf the java related source code is in
C:\Sooraj\Playdrone\protobuf-2.6.1\java\src

when i try executing command

"protoc -I=C:/Sooraj/Playdrone/android-checkin-master
/android-checkin-master/src/main/java/com/android/checkin
--java_out=C:/Sooraj/P laydrone/dest
C:/Sooraj/Playdrone/android-checkin-master/android-checkin-master
/src/main/protobuf/checkin.proto"

i am getting error as

"C:/Sooraj/Playdrone/android-checkin-master/android-checkin-master/src/main/proto

buf/checkin.proto: File does not reside within any path specified using
--proto_ path (or -I). You must specify a --proto_path which encompasses
this file. Not e that the proto_path must be an exact prefix of the .proto
file names -- protoc is too dumb to figure out when two paths (e.g.
absolute and relative) are equiv alent (it's harder than you think)."

so please help how should i execute "protoc -I=$SRC_DIR --java_out=$DST_DIR
$SRC_DIR/addressbook.proto" command with respect to my project.I have proto
file and in google developers site $SRC_DIR meaning "where your
application's source code lives"

I guess i gave every thing write.can any one please tell how to execute
protoc to generate java file from proto file plzzzz