This is my first use of protocol buffers and I am using version 3.0 with
either "option cc_enable_arenas = false" or true, I get a tremendous amount
of heap usage with every message I create. I want to use the code to return
data from a web service but the heap usage is too great. I have working
code that creates JSON objects, converts them to strings and sends to
client. I just adapted it to use protocol buffers instead. I can transfer
the protocol buffer data and use it at client, but I don't understand the
heap usage. When I call ShutdownProtobufLibrary() before program exit and
use the _CrtDumpMemoryLeaks() nothing of significance is reported. Can
anyone help?
Thanks
Winton