Hi folks,

A couple more questions about generating protocol buffers in Go.

First, is there documentation somewhere that I'm missing? I feel like I
should be RTFM'ing instead of peppering this group with questions.
Specifically, I'm looking for documentation of the semantics of go_package
(and normal package declarations) as well as details on the commandline
parameters protoc-gen-go accepts.

My more specific question is whether how to run protoc for go is defined. I
got the impression from reading go_package-related bugs and pull requests
that it's advised you pass all files together to protoc. But I also see
explicit checks in the code and a comment that "The package name must agree
across all files being generated."

So my conclusion is that you should pass all files that will end up in the
same package to protoc for a single run, and only those files. Is that
correct? Is it documented somewhere? And is it considered a bug? (I ask
this last, because it makes the build/make process fragile: if someone
changes a package somewhere, the build process needs to change too.)

Thanks,

Zellyn