In general, you'd report a bug at https://github.com/google/protobuf/issues

... but in this case there's no bug. This is perfectly valid C# 6, which is
required to build the Google.Protobuf library.
The code generated by protoc *doesn't* use C# 6, so you should be fine with
whatever you generate, and the fact that the library uses C# 6 won't stop
the compiled code from being used by older versions of Visual Studio etc.

Basically, we require Visual Studio 2015 (or the equivalent version of the
Mono compiler) for Google.Protobuf itself.

Jon