Are there any good languages (with compilers) that let's you specify the
data within a proto rather than the proto itself? I want to create files
with configuration data in them, but they need to be compiled into proto
format. I know Google has GCL, but as far as I can tell that isn't
available in open source form, so I'm looking for an alternative. Ideally
I'd like to be able to write a file that has the configuration data, then
have it automatically compiled into a binary proto file as a part of my
build process.