Hi google pb,

I was wondering if an interface exists for specifying that I do not want
the proto3 serialization or deserialization to discard unknown fields. My
understanding was that this change was made from proto2 to proto3, and is a
pretty severe restriction if there are no ways around it. The motivating
example in my case is to potentially decorate a message with fields in the
extension ranges that are not part of the message body. The meaning is
purely semantic and I do not want the data therein to be contained in the
protobuf format itself. If unknown fields are not an option, are there
other options or suggestions to handle this?

Best,
Jeremy