Hello, so I am pretty new to this and was trying to figure out what I did
wrong. So I started out using Proto3 and now decided to use Proto2 (since
Proto3 is still in Beta). I installed Proto2
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29797763/how-do-i-install-protobuf-2-5-on-arch-linux-for-compiling-hadoop-2-6-0-using-mav)

and noticed that if I check for version it said Proto3. So I followed the
following post to remove
Proto3:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35896335/how-can-i-uninstall-protobuf-3-0-0.
But now it doesn't recognize the protoc command, ie: protoc --version. I
tried reinstalling proto2, but no luck. Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.
VM:
OS: CentOS Linux 7
Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-327.18.2.el7.x86_64
Architecture: x86-64

Thanks!