I am encountering a very strange problem. I recently compiled just fine,
however, I decided to clean & recompile and now my linking stage seems to
be hanging and not progressing.

I'm using cygwin64 with msys for generating the configuration. I haven't
changed anything since my last compile.

This is the current stage that is stuck:

> /bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -DHAVE_PTHREAD=1
> -DHAVE_ZLIB=1 -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-sign-compare
> -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -version-info 10:0:0 -export-dynamic -no-undefined  -o
> libprotobuf.la -rpath /usr/local/lib
> google/protobuf/stubs/atomicops_internals_x86_gcc.lo
> google/protobuf/stubs/atomicops_internals_x86_msvc.lo
> google/protobuf/stubs/bytestream.lo google/protobuf/stubs/common.lo
> google/protobuf/stubs/int128.lo google/protobuf/stubs/once.lo
> google/protobuf/stubs/status.lo google/protobuf/stubs/statusor.lo
> google/protobuf/stubs/stringpiece.lo google/protobuf/stubs/stringprintf.lo
> google/protobuf/stubs/structurally_valid.lo
> google/protobuf/stubs/strutil.lo google/protobuf/stubs/time.lo
> google/protobuf/arena.lo google/protobuf/arenastring.lo
> google/protobuf/extension_set.lo google/protobuf/generated_message_util.lo
> google/protobuf/message_lite.lo google/protobuf/repeated_field.lo
> google/protobuf/wire_format_lite.lo google/protobuf/io/coded_stream.lo
> google/protobuf/io/zero_copy_stream.lo
> google/protobuf/io/zero_copy_stream_impl_lite.lo google/protobuf/any.pb.lo
> google/protobuf/api.pb.lo google/protobuf/stubs/mathlimits.lo
> google/protobuf/any.lo google/protobuf/descriptor.lo
> google/protobuf/descriptor_database.lo google/protobuf/descriptor.pb.lo
> google/protobuf/duration.pb.lo google/protobuf/dynamic_message.lo
> google/protobuf/empty.pb.lo google/protobuf/extension_set_heavy.lo
> google/protobuf/field_mask.pb.lo
> google/protobuf/generated_message_reflection.lo
> google/protobuf/map_field.lo google/protobuf/message.lo
> google/protobuf/reflection_ops.lo google/protobuf/service.lo
> google/protobuf/source_context.pb.lo google/protobuf/struct.pb.lo
> google/protobuf/stubs/substitute.lo google/protobuf/text_format.lo
> google/protobuf/timestamp.pb.lo google/protobuf/type.pb.lo
> google/protobuf/unknown_field_set.lo google/protobuf/wire_format.lo
> google/protobuf/wrappers.pb.lo google/protobuf/io/gzip_stream.lo
> google/protobuf/io/printer.lo google/protobuf/io/strtod.lo
> google/protobuf/io/tokenizer.lo google/protobuf/io/zero_copy_stream_impl.lo
> google/protobuf/compiler/importer.lo google/protobuf/compiler/parser.lo
> google/protobuf/util/field_comparator.lo
> google/protobuf/util/field_mask_util.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/datapiece.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/default_value_objectwriter.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/error_listener.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/field_mask_utility.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/json_escaping.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/json_objectwriter.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/json_stream_parser.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/object_writer.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/protostream_objectsource.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/protostream_objectwriter.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/proto_writer.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/type_info.lo
> google/protobuf/util/internal/type_info_test_helper.lo
> [...]

I am not sure why it worked before and now I am not able to progress. It
looks like it is working in sed.exe. I've left it here for a good 20
minutes without any progression.

Thanks for any information.