I've been working on writing my own plugin and I've been looking at the
code example from the following blog for
guidance:
http://www.expobrain.net/2015/09/13/create-a-plugin-for-google-protocol-buffer/

While parsing the request in this block of code:

if isinstance(item, DescriptorProto):
                data.update({
                    'type': 'Message',
                    'properties': [{'name': f.name, 'type': int(f.type)}
                                   for f in item.field]
                })

            elif isinstance(item, EnumDescriptorProto):
                data.update({
                    'type': 'Enum',
                    'values': [{'name': v.name, 'value': v.number}
                               for v in item.value]
                })

is there a way to identify if an EnumDescriptorProto enum is defined
globally or locally in the original .proto file? I've figured out that if
the item is a DescriptorProto, then if it is an enum it's type_name will
vary depending on if it is global or local, but that's about the only
indicator I have seen thus far.