For the moment, you can call msg.serializeBinary(), but make sure you
generated the JavaScript with the binary=1 option.

In the near future this will be changing. The binary serialization code
will get generated into separate files from the data structures themselves.
So in the future it will be more like:
my_proto_binarypb.Foo.deserializeBinary(msg) if the type is Foo.