Hello ,

Iv'e received a .proto file from a third party vendor which sends me
notifications.

The problem is that my end is written is C# and iv'e the file is written to
target "proto2".

As i understand it
  1) to generate C# classes from a .proto file the file has to be written
in a "proto3" syntax.
  2) "proto2" and "proto3" are compatible when used as two ends of a wire
protocol, i.e.

              Sender uses classes generated from a "proto2" file .
              Receiver (me in this case) uses classes generated from a
"proto3" file.

1) are these assumption correct ?
2) If so is there any tool i can use to convert the "proto2" file iv'e been
given to a "proto3" file so i can generate C# classes on my end ?