Hi folks,

while trying out protocol buffers I run into the "boxing problem". I
have a lot of primitive arrays I want to serialize. And I do not want to
pay the overhead for boxing/unboxing.

When setting
option optimize_for = LITE_RUNTIME;
the compiler generates code using special implementations for the
primitive types.

Is there a way to get these optimizations without "LITE_RUNTIME"? I
don't fear the additional jar size and don't want to miss out on some
features (while I am not exactly missing one yet).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Johannes