On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Nickolay Mazurkin <mazur...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've created a test: https://github.com/mazurkin/protobuf-test
>
> This is a monster bean: https://github.com/mazurkin/
> protobuf-test/blob/master/src/main/config/proto/BeanProto.proto
>
> This is a test: https://github.com/mazurkin/protobuf-test/blob/master/src/
> test/java/org/test/ProtoTest.java
>
> Result of test:
> Creating: 22016.103976 ns/op <- this is too much
> Writing: 498.033676 ns/op

Can you help create a github issue to track it?

Currently protobuf generated code size is already a problem for large
binaries. Adding this Builder.writeTo() method will require another
generated serialization method and that probably won't going to happen
until we solve the code size problem (replacing the generated methods with
something else).