Good question, I'm not much of a mobile developer so hopefully someone with
more experience there can chime in. But my thought would be that if you're
on mobile and need the performance of lite protos then you would probably
want to just read and write Any fields manually instead of using the helper
methods that require non-lite. If the extra boilerplate turns out to be
excessive, we could look into ways of updating the Any API to make it a
little easier to use with lite protos.