On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Bradley K <bradre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use libprotobuf v2.6.1 in an x64 Windows C++ project.  The
> protobuf v2.6.1 .sln only contains Win32 platform configurations.  I
> manually added the x64 platform configurations, but when I compiled my x64
> program with the new libprotobuf v2.6.1 x64 version linked, it issued
> numerous "possible loss of data" warnings and my program's unit tests
> failed.  Are protobuf v2.6.1 libraries just incompatible with x64 Windows
> C++ programs or am I compiling the library incorrectly?

It certainly works on x64 windows as we have tested it before release.
Though it requires some manual tweaking of the vs project files to make it
work. I recommend using the latest v3.1.0 version because it comes with
cmake support and you can generated x64 version vs project files directly.
See:
https://github.com/google/protobuf/blob/master/cmake/README.md