Hi Feng,

Thanks for the quick reply. This is a very simple proto definition and it
works perfectly fine when I compile the protoc with VS2012. In fact, the
VS2015 built protoc crashes on every proto file we currently have in the
project, which led me to believe it's related to VS2015 code generation or
compiler settings. Is the proto 3.1.0 wire compatible with 2.6.1 ? We have
to interface with another group who is currently using 2.6.1.

Thanks,
Cliff