Hello,

I've built protobuf/c++ from source using CMake for VS2012 and am trying to
build for protobuf/python using the c++ implementation.  I suspect this
option is not officially supported for MSVC Windows builds although I could
not find this explicitly stated in the documentation.

I'm using a custom-built CPython from source with the same toolchain so
that there is ABI with the cpp implementation's extension module.

When invoking "python setup.py build --cpp_implementation" I get the
following error related to a gcc option:

cl : Command line error D8021 : invalid numeric argument
'/Wno-write-strings'

Could I be missing something in my setup or is this indeed not supported?

Thanks,
Mohamed Koubaa
Software Developer
ANSYS Inc