Hello,

I've been using Protobuf in my Java projects for a while, but now, I'm
trying to use it in a PHP project.

The documentation mention that "In order to conform to PSR-4, the compiler
creates a sub-directory corresponding to the package defined in the proto
file."
(https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/reference/php-generated
)

However, the sub-directory corresponding to the package are not being
generated.

For example, with the following message:

package foo.bar;
message MyMessage {}

and with the following command :

protoc --proto_path=src --php_out=build/gen src/example.proto

I expect the php file to be generated in /build/gen/foo/bar but it is
instead generated in /build/gen/

The problem is that without the sub-directories foo/bar, it does not
conform to PSR-4, and I can't use the autoloader of composer.

Do you have any clue why the sub-directories are not being generated? I
know the PHP version is still in Alpha, but the documentation mentions that
these folders should exist.

Current fix:

protoc --proto_path=src --php_out=build/gen/foo/bar src/example.proto

Thank you,

Adrien