Hi all,

I am customizing our parser, and we need the custom option to be a message
instead of a type, is that possible?

Ex:
If we needed a custom option to be a repeated/list we could do the
following:

message IndexMessage {
  repeated string Names = 1;
}

extend google.protobuf.FieldOptions {
  optional IndexMessage Index = 50002;
}

message MyMessage {
  optional string my_another_field = 1 [(Index) = { Names : ["val1", "val2",
"val3"] } ];
}

Now, let's say Names is a property of another message type, like:

message IndexMessage {
  repeated IndexDef IndexDefinitions = 1;
}

message IndexDef{
  required Name = 1;
  // other needed options//
}

extend google.protobuf.FieldOptions {
  optional IndexMessage Index = 50002;
}

Now, if this is possible, how can I declare this on my message? (I got up
to this point and still generate, after that, everything I tried wouldn't
compile)

message MyMessage {
  optional string my_another_field = 1 [(Index) = { IndexDefinitions : {} }
];
}

Best Regards