Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find the right Java APIs to do what protoc --decode_raw and
protoc --decode do.
Essentially handling two cases:
1) When I don't have the proto, and only the raw protobuf msg.
eg protoc --decode_raw < rawmsg.bin

1: "rohan"
2 {
    1: "13"
    2: "08"
    3: "94"
}

2) When I have the .proto(not the generated classes, neither the parsed
.proto)
eg protoc --decode some.pkg.name.Person $proto_file_path < rawmsg.bin

name: "rohan"
dob {
     dd: "13"
     mm: "08"
     yy: "94"
}

I did dig google groups.

>From those the hints I've got is
For case 1) Using CodedInputStream write my own parser? parsing bytes by
making informed guesses.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/protobuf/decode$20without$20proto|sort:relevance/protobuf/7s4YIwrQLgk/r2Yc_36OYGAJ
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19647387/parsing-a-raw-protocol-buffer-byte-stream-in-c-sharp/19652735#19652735
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13937882/parsing-protocol-buffers-without-knowing-the-proto

For case 2) well nothing. Everything I got assumed I have
FileDescriptorProto for my .proto or instance of my message type.

Are there any add-on libraries present to handle these scenarios?
Or any logic to go about solving them?

Thanks.