The protobuf docs for the Any type
<https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/reference/google.protobuf#google.protobuf.Any>
talk about the URL being a real URL, where an HTTP GET request will reply
with encoded google.protobuf.Type message. The doc further states that URLs
with no scheme assume HTTPS (and runtime support that I've seen looks like
it intentionally leaves out the scheme when generating type URLs).

However, the given URL examples for all well-known types don't work. Any
GET request for https://type.googleapis.com/<message> fails with a 404. The
actual example in the Any doc is for google.protobuf.Duration, and
https://type.googleapis.com/google.protobuf.Duration simply does not work.

I don't necessarily need these to work, but I have written stuff for
resolving types per the doc and have no out-of-the-box URLs I can play with
to test it.. It seems like an issue that none of the documented examples
actually work.

----
*Josh Humphries*
jh...@bluegosling.com