Thank you for your reply. i'm able to get a better picture now.

I also read that the byte stream which is produced can't be read by the
modern browsers which is why we have to convert it into json using
gwt(google web toolkit) or something like that. So automatically json is
used here. Then what makes protobufs advantageous than json. Is there any
advantage other than protobufs are structured? what makes google use
protobufs almost everywhere in their data transmission?