Hi,

I had a debate with my colleagues regarding to upgrade protobuf v3 because
I'd like to use MessageToJsonString and JsonStringToMessage for GUI
development of web application and mobile app, but my colleagues are not
convinced, they argued GO can do it very easily and they are worrying about
to break the systems down as our protobuf v2 codes are used crossing many
systems. I always think it is logical to use the latest version of the
software which should fix bugs and add more features, in addition to that,
I don't like v2 required field and many of our codes have problems when the
process returns an error message before reaching the destination, the error
message was not able to fill in all required fields caused libprotobufbuf
broken the system daemon, I have recently changed many required fields to
optional, I thought protobuf v3 should be more stable than the v2, but I am
also new to protobuf v3, appreciate your comments.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

-j