(I *believe* this question is about protocol buffers, and not gRPC, but I
may be wrong.)

There is a .proto file that exists as part of the Helm project:
https://github.com/kubernetes/helm/blob/v2.5.0/_proto/hapi/rudder/rudder.proto

As part of Helm's build process, a Go binding is generated here:
https://github.com/kubernetes/helm/blob/v2.5.0/pkg/proto/hapi/rudder/rudder.pb.go

I had a question about this function:
https://github.com/kubernetes/helm/blob/v2.5.0/pkg/proto/hapi/rudder/rudder.pb.go#L536

How does that function come into being given the .proto file?

For background, I've done the Java equivalent (generated bindings in Java
<https://microbean.github.io/microbean-helm/apidocs/hapi/services/rudder/package-summary.html>

instead of Go, off the same .proto files).  Why doesn't the analogous Java
method show up here, given that I'm generating off the same sources?

Thanks,
Best,
Laird