Hi, I need some basic foreground for Java serialization for Protocol
buffers. I found very strange behavior for me when I serialize
ProtocolBuffer object directly with .toByteArray() method and with
ByteArrayOutputStream.ToByteArray().

The code (first serialize with .toByteArray() directly):
ProtocolBufferMsgHelper testObject = new ProtocolBufferMsgHelper(); // ->
this is object instance created automatically from .proto file (proto2)
byte[] byteArray = testObject.toByteArray();
 -> Inside byteArray is { 8, 1, 18, 7, 71, ... } and the byteArray length
is 20 bytes

Second way (serialize with ByteArrayOutputStream):
ProtocolBufferMsgHelper testObject = new ProtocolBufferMsgHelper();
ByteArrayOutputStream bos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
testObject.writeDelimitedTo(bos);
byte[] byteArray = bos.toByteArray();
-> Inside byteArray is { 11, 8, 1, 18, 7, 71, ... } and the byteArray
length is 21 bytes

Why????  Could anyone tell me the reason??
 Thanks, Jiri