I have a generic query,

I'm using protobuf in C. I have 2 daemons that need to talk to each other
over google protobuf channel.

Lets say i malloc a message on sender side, send it to protobuf functions.
My understanding is i need to free it as i allocated it, once the call
returns.

How about when the receiver daemon receives a callback with protobuf
message. Who frees that message?.

I wasnt able to find any clear instructions on this.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!