Yes, that is correct that I have a file that is encoded with protobuf. I
need to both read and write this file type.
I'll use the tools as you mentioned and see what I come up with.

The code that I have doesn't have the generated comments, just user
comments. I don't know how to replicated the same class structure in the
proto file based on the code that I have.