In the C++ tutorial, there's a section titled "Writing a message"
<https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/cpptutorial#writing-a-message>

with an example that includes the .pb.h file, but doesn't at all mention
how to compile it (it took me a while before figuring out that for g++, I
had to link to the protobuf library by passing -lprotobuf to g++). While
this seems common knowledge for most experienced C++ programmers, the page
being a tutorial probably means that piece of information should be
explicitly mentioned.

Is there another more obvious way to link generated protobufs against my
main application code? Perhaps bazel? No mention of it at all on the page...