I'm experimenting with retro-fitting a .Net 4.8 service with a gRPC service
and I'm unclear how this works.  I followed a tutorial that specified
adding the following to the project.  I assume the .csproj file:

  <ItemGroup>
    <Protobuf Include="**/*.proto" />
  </ItemGroup>

This doesn't appear to create output.  I then added a custom pre-build step
the produces one file ProtoModels\Licenses.cs.

%USERPROFILE%\.nuget\packages\google.protobuf.tools\3.14.0\tools\windows_x86\protoc.exe

--proto_path=$(ProjectDir)Protos --csharp_out=$(ProjectDir)ProtoModels
 Licenses.proto

In constrast, the Greet sample generates a Greet.cs and GreetgRPC.cs
in obj\Debug\netcoreapp3.1.

Can someone clarify the best way to retrofit an older .Net 4.8 visual
studio csproj to build a gRpc service?