Hi everybody,

I'm trying to send data from a python application to a c++ application.
Generally speaking it works, I set up the proto files, compiled them and so
on. Whenever I try to parse the message on the c++ side, however, I'm
getting an error if a string is included in the message (everything else
works fine, it's only strings).
Error:
size too big: 3452816640 details: size_t to int conversion

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit version with Visual Studio 2019 with protobuf
version 3.14.0. I had problems when installing protobuf on the machine
which leads me to believe that something is wrong with the installation.
Before I managed to fix the installation using vcpkg I had linker errors
regarding strings and only strings, so very similar to the problem now. Has
anybody encountered this problem before?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!