Matt,

Kafka APIs really don't have to do anything here. Think of it as a problem:
I got a schema from any random place (in this case it's a schema registry),
and now I need to use this schema to create an Object to use in my system.
I don't have generated java classes at my disposal. So I am looking to get
the descriptor to create an Object out of this schema. Hope that helps to
understand the problem.

Thanks,
Vikas