In writing the swing contracts for the Proton APIs, I've come across a
few inconsistencies with the way state and return values are declared.

In sasl.h the pn_sasl_state_t and pn_sasl_outcome_t values are declared
using enums. Similarly, in engine.h the pn_disposition_t type is
declared using an enum.

But pn_state_t values are defined using precompiler defines, same with
pn_trace_t values and specific error codes.

I know there are reasons to do things certain ways, but what I'd like to
know is: can we move the enums to being defined values instead? The
reason I ask is that I can then provide better support in the language
binding contracts. Contracts can't handle enumeration values but can be
told what values are allowed for the other types.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/