I've been working on a multi-threaded native server built on proton-c. The initial objective was to see if it could be done and to test Proton in ways that it wasn't getting as much attention. My second objective is to build it into a message router that can be used to construct an AMQP network, compatible with emerging AMQP addressing conventions and standards. A testbed, if you will, for AMQP addressing.

I've put my work in progress on a repo at GitHub (https://github.com/ted-ross/nexus) in case anybody wants to look at or play with it.

Out of the box, it provides three pre-provisioned FIFO queues you can send to or receive from.

Since it builds against a not-yet released Proton (and depends on not-yet resolved Jiras), you will need to look at the README for instructions on how to set up the build.

Regards,

-Ted