On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 08:55:32AM -0500, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> The other builds don't manually prepend the install prefix, however they
> still honor it where appropriate by using relative paths. Cmake will
> automatically prepend the install prefix for you if you just use a relative
> path. I'm not sure why the qpid build goes to the trouble of manually
> prepending it. IMHO that's a bit misleading as you generally only need to
> use absolute paths if you're trying to install something outside of the
> install root.

The Python bindings using the value returned by:

python -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print
get_python_lib(True, prefix='')"

which returns a relative path. Perl uses:

perl -V:installarchlib

which returns an absolute patch. So we're going to have to monkey with
the path in the Perl case, either by removing the leading / on *nix (and
whatever is necessary on Windows), or else continue to manually find the
prefix [1] and replace it, which is what we're now doing.

[1] perl -V:installprefix

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/