On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Darryl L. Pierce <dpie...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 08:18:06AM -0500, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > > It seems like this new stuff just ignores CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.
> >
> > Yeah, it appears that the CMake configuration for Proton doesn't do what
> > Qpid's configuration did as far as prepending the install prefix to
> > directories. None of our language bindings seem to be doing this in
> > Proton.
>
> More specifically, PHP is doing the same as Perl and not honoring the
> install prefix.
>
> I've modified the Perl CMake environment to correct this behavior. But
> the PHP bindings are giving me a particular pain. Specifically, the INI
> directory. Is there a good example of how to set the prefix?

The PHP bindings do honor the install prefix, just possibly not in the way
you're thinking. The PHP bindings build provides a number of user visible
configuration options to explicitly control install locations, e.g.:

PHP_EXT_DIR, PHP_INCLUDE_DIR, PHP_INI_DIR, etc

If you set these locations to a relative path then the build will install
relative to the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX. The *default* values for these
locations are created by interrogating the PHP install that the binding is
built against.