As part of porting proton-c to Windows, I have taken an initial stab
at what using CMake's testing module "CTest" might look like.

It is intended to allow a simple ctest command, on any platform, to
run the type of tests that we would expect a developer to run, such as
"make check" in the qpid/cpp tree.  It is also meant to capture the
interop tests as well.

CTest is quite flexible and has some cross platform goodies.  I have
posted a straw man in

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-238
  https://reviews.apache.org/r/9433

It currently does no more than

  python path/to/tests/python/proton-test
  mvn test -P proton-jni

With CMake/CTest trimmings.  Please comment on what other sanity
checks you may already be using or if you have other preferences for
the development/test process.

Thanks.

Cliff