On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 11:19 +0000, Phil Harvey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice that proton-jni on Jenkins is failing [1] , probably due to the
> recent PROTON-215 commits.
>
> The failing test is:
> proton_tests.interop.InteropTest.test_message<https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-proton-jni/org.apache.qpid$tests/35/testReport/junit/proton_tests.interop/InteropTest/test_message/>
>
> Is someone already looking into this?

Regarding:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-proton-jni/org.apache.qpid$tests/37/

I need some help with the JNI code to figure this out.

I can't reproduce the problem on my fedora box. Can we get information
about the jenkins build system, e.g. version of Java and Python
involved?

Here's a summary of what I think  happens, this is running the
interop.py tests in Jython:

  m = proton.Message()
  d = Proton.Data()
  m.decode("an amqp message read from a file.")
  d.decode(body)
  <BANG>

We blow up with: TypeError: wrap(): 1st arg can't be coerced to byte[]

This is in python class proton.Data

  def decode(self, encoded):
    return self._data.decode(ByteBuffer.wrap(encoded))

So it appears that a python Message.body is somehow set to something
that cannot be coerced to byte[]. So I look at JNIMessage.getBody() and
I see it returns a Section. A Section is an empty interface. Huh??

Can someone explain the relationship between a JNI python message body
and this Section interface, and how it is supposed to be converted?

Cheers,
Alan.