There aren't any repo level access controls, so if you have qpid commit
bits you should be able to commit to proton. Is it possible you checked out
via an "http" repo URL rather than an "https" repo URL? If so then your
checkout is going to be read-only and you'll have to use "svn switch" to
change it over to the https version of the URL or simply create another
checkout.

--Rafael