There is a staging repo on repository.apache.org that appears to have the
0.4 release artifacts in it and simply wasn't released at the time.

The files contain the changes from the last change that seems to have gone
into 0.4 (http://svn.apache.org/r1448733), building a copy of the 0.4
source locally and diffing the contents resulted in no differences within
the contained java class files, and the timestamps seem to align when
accounting for known timezones at the point the release was built. There
were differences in some of the metadata files(timestamps, maven+jvm
versions etc, i.e to be expected), and the the staged 'tests.jar' file
contains $py.class files for the python tests.

Does it seem acceptable to everyone to simply promote those
previously-staged artifacts now?

Robbie