I believe that ActiveMQ will create a queue as a side effect of subscribing or producing from/to an address.

The AMQP working group is developing a management specification that will define a standard way for AMQP clients to create queues/topics on brokers. Until this is complete, there are only broker-specific mechanisms available.

-Ted