Hello. I am evaluating Qpid Proton AMQP Messenger  to communicate with
SwiftMQ broker. I've had issues with receiving messages, but I used
suggestion  here <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-484>   and it
solved the problem.  The use case I am testing is broker is down. Modified
send.c code:

 int res = pn_messenger_put(messenger, message);
 printf("Error %d\n", res);
 check(messenger);
 res = pn_messenger_send(messenger, -1);
 printf("Error %d\n", res);
 check(messenger);

The output:
Error 0
read: Connection refused
[0x101009c00:0] ERROR[-2] SASL header mismatch: ''
send: Broken pipe
CONNECTION ERROR connection aborted
Error 0

Shouldn't there be a non zero error code as documented in messenger.h ?
* @return an error code or zero on success
 * @see error.h
 */
PN_EXTERN int pn_messenger_send(pn_messenger_t *messenger, int n);

Thanks,
Sergey.