On Apr 29, 2014, at 4:00 PM, Rafael Schloming <r...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>> Notice that this will also minimize the footprint of the codec but I'm not
>> measuring that here.
>>

> Just out of curiosity, when you say minimize the footprint, are you
> referring to the in memory overhead, or do you mean the encoded size on the
> wire?

I didn't change any encoding size on these refactoring. The code should produce
the same bytes as it was producing before.

I meant memory overhead.. Before my changes you had to instantiate a Decoder
per Connection, and a Decoder per Message (that was actually recently changed
to per thread). The decoder has the DefinedTypes and registered objects... with
this change now you can have a single instance of the Decoder and Encoder per
JVM since it's stateless now.