I think anyone can sign up for ReviewBoard themselves. It certainly didn't
used to be linked to the ASF LDAP in the past, presumably for that reason.

Its probably also worth noting you can initiate pull requests against the
github mirrors. If it hasn't already been done for the proton mirror, we
can have the emails that would generate be directed to this list (e.g.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-dev/201401.mbox/%3c20140130180355.3cf9e916...@tyr.zones.apache.org%3E).
We obviously can't merge the pull request via github, but you can use
the reviewing tools etc and the resultant patch can be downloaded or
attached to a JIRA and then applied in the usual fashion (I believe there
is a commit message syntax that can be used to trigger closing the pull
request).

Robbie